Pages

Monday, March 4, 2013

I procrastinate

I had such good intentions, but I'm afraid I've neglected this blog. I want to do better.

I've never really been good at follow-through. It's a character flaw that I haven't overcome. I remember, even as a child, this was a problem for me. Well, maybe it wasn't a problem that got me into trouble. It was more of a problem of self-discipline that caused me to be disappointed in myself.

I was a Bluebird from age 6-8, I believe, and then a Camp Fire Girl. I remember that we had learned the Bluebird Wish:
To have fun.
To learn to make beautiful things.
To remember to finish what I begin.
To learn to keep my temper most of the time.
To go to interesting places.
To learn about trees, and flowers, and birds.
To make friends.


"...remember to finish what I begin." It was as much of a problem then, as now :-)
Darn!


6 comments:

  1. Those bluebirds were on to something! I too, can procrastinate like crazy. Working on that...

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, they were. Somehow it doesn't "take" with me--LOL!

      Delete
  2. Hi, Kay! I saw your blog and thought I'd stop by and say hello. :) I was also a Bluebird! I tried to remember what came after Bluebirds--Camp Fire Girl. I was a Bluebird drop out, though. So much for finishing what I started. Had fun reading your blog, I hope you update it soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cool that you were also a Bluebird. Hate that you dropped out, though. I am sure that all groups weren't as great as the one I was in. I was blessed. Bluebirds and Camp Fire Girls had a great influence on my life. I know I am a better person because of them.

      Delete